The first part of this article is dedicated to the format, where a model is presented in one or a few images. And in these cases there are some peculiarities: these could be solved by giving the image some different qualities.
Let’s see these specific examples:
Image No 1
- Furniture is made to look too simple. When you look it up you do not see dents, or folds, everything is symmetric, and perfect. This is not possible in reality.
- The materials do not look complete, for example, there isn’t any reflection or texture. Although there are situations, such as when the bed is just hanging in the air, where it’s extremely difficult to create a realistic portrayal
- If we are talking about why that kind of image is being used in the catalogue, it is because the image should be able to sell the bed. However, the image is a bad presentation, because there is harsh lighting, the image is dry; it lacks character, it provokes no emotions. This means that it is unlikely that it will be successful in its purpose of getting sales.
- It is partly connected to the surroundings, which you could call minimalistic, but in fact there is nothing there. It is just a white light, which does not show the features of the bed, or allow it to be visualized properly in use.
Image No 2
With this image the situation is similar to that of the previous piece:
- This image, much like the previous one, lacks character, emotions and purpose. All things that could help catch the potential clients eye
- In this image, there aren’t any details (folds, dents, shadows on the seats, glare on the table, feeling), there are no qualities that you would expect from plastic products
- The unrealistic taste, fails to represent the material correctly: no reflection, texture or other details, which can give the image life
- Sometimes the models are trying to make themselves look perfect, only thinking about how the overly image is going to look. You can see the result from your own work– everything is too proper and as I’m sure you can understand, that isn’t realistic. That’s why you don’t feel compelled to buy the set
- This is increased by the badly chosen environment. The background is just white, the environment doesn’t exist. All the products are surrounded by white light, which takes away from the dignity of the chairs and table. At a first glance, you can’t understand whether this furniture set has any advantages.
Image No 3
It’s difficult to say that this is a good quality image, and there are few reasons for that:
- The main object is made too simple: there are some folds on the pillow, but they are small and unimpressive, it looks like they were made too fast, like a last minute thought. Usually there are dents on the sofas, slight variations, and other signs, which shows you that this is a real product. That picture doesn’t give you this feeling, therefore the placement in the catalogue or on the web site will be very unlikely to give you the desired higher sales result
- Another factor making the image worse is that there is nothing surrounding the product. Just a boring light grey background, against which the white sofa doesn’t look particularly attractive or stylish
- In regards to the sofa itself, if you look carefully, it looks as if it could be made of plastic or Styrofoam. It is not white and smooth in a way that looks natural, it looks fabricated. So at first it is hard to realize what material it is made of: leather or another cheaper textile, that’s why the potential customer may not be able to understand the cost of the sofa
This is just a small part of what can be done using 3D. We won’t get carried away with the low quality images, instead let’s see how we can use 3D to attract customers and make the sales higher.
We are promoting the fundamentals, that the mission of visualization is not only showing the object in 3D, but turning it into a powerful tool, which can attract more/new customers and improve sales figures
Let’s see how this can work in real life:
Image No 4
- You have to agree that this image is completely different from the previous images shown. The picture is much more realistic than before. It immediately shows that is a leather armchair, and that’s why the price matches the quality
- All the folds, dents, seams, stiches are developed. The armchair looks so cozy and comfortable, that you wish you were able to sit on it right now. After the flat and washed out, low quality visualization, you understand – placing such an image in the catalogue, guarantees to impress your potential clients
- We also worked on making sure the product is well presented – the foreshortening is chosen to shape what can easily be considered the necessary visual characteristics, and the quality of the product. The image doesn’t force you to strain your eyes – it allows you to truly enjoy the details
- The surroundings are the perfect complement for the furniture-this picture gives you the feeling of reality, more so than the previous image, and this photo was made in professional studio. Actually seeing the 3D, you can realize the potential of using this method- this option is much more cost efficient than renting a professional studio and paying a photographer, a retouch artist and other specialists.
But this isn’t the only thing that can be improved on the road to perfection.
The major advantages and differences of quality work in comparison to that of the cheap analogues:
- The picture is soft, cozy and stylish, all at the same time. In this case, the photography has been made in a special photo studio. And the photographer and team of re-touchers have done a really good job.
- Look how accents and shadows are displayed. It presents the armchair and requires less visualization, as to how it could look
- The pillows look very soft, and the image makes you feel that if you were to touch them you could feel a luxurious velvet or similar material
- Good presentation of the armchair: it looks very profitable in this perspective environment. The color is rich enough that it stands out and makes you want to buy it, and it is suitable for your house, or for the office. Light is spotted in a way that allows your eyes to freely see and study the picture, without any discomfort. This is important for your potential customer- if they just glance at the image, it’s more likely to be a lost sale. If you look at such a 3D visualization, the higher sales potential is there- with well displayed beautiful and stylish furniture is hard to leave without a purchase!
- Well-made products are all folds, stiches, and cavities, which have to be on a real furniture photo. Considering 3D, imagine how much the budget decreases, when you cancel the classic option- studio photo-shooting
Image No 6
Very interesting work, on which we will look at in more detail:
- You can realize by looking at your own images, that the question of details is absolutely closed. At first sight you can understand that the pillow is very soft, of a stable construction, and you wouldn’t mind to sit in such an armchair, especially if you’re outside for most of the evening
- This effect creates soft folds, realistic shadows and glare, even on the wood there are darker spots, allowing it to look exactly how it is in real life.
- For walls there is nice mint shade, which doesn’t pull your attention, but just gives a nice accent to the gentle color of the pillow, placed on the armchair. That’s why the pillow doesn’t look pale, it looks very stylish, providing the understanding that such furniture is the perfect asset to any interior.
Of course, you can criticize and advise what can be done better. We prefer to not just talk, but to let our work speak for us. So let’s take a look at a few of our projects which are clear demonstration of the fact, that at work we follow the same principles.
3D is making the sales higher: two effective works made by Faraday 3D team
No 1 : soft armchair, where you want to stay forever
- Well observed proportions, and well placed accents. Furniture casts shadows, wooden handles have a realistic liqueur shine, textiles look soft, that’s why it’s good to promote the feeling, that you’ve already sat in that armchair
- The picture has volume and atmosphere. Showing how the armchair will look when it is placed in a room (look, even the floor is made to give the impression that the furniture is actually there!)
- On the second half of the picture visible, the product that is chosen, has a very interesting textile pattern with stylish drafts and not a rough material. That’s one of the distinguishing advantages of the professional visualization: before purchase the customer has contact with the chair, and subconsciously they realize they want to buy that exact one.
- Please note this is 3D visualization, and not professional photos taken in studio. Even though it seems as though a team of professionals have worked on the picture!
- Thanks to well-planned presentation, the armchair picture doesn’t bother your eyes, everything looks very harmonic together
No 2: Stylish leather armchair, where the accent is on the image
- As you see, we didn’t make just a 3D model. We placed the chair in an interior, so a potential customer can see straight away how well it can fit in, in an actual room, even in such a calm design;
- Crafted details (folds on the chair, shadows, lighting, accents etc.) can remind potential customers of the feel of a material, which they may have felt before, like the feel of real quality leather.
- We were working on the presentation of the armchair; therefore, in one picture you can view the chair from different angles. These details allow customers to consider the advantages of the product and make the decision to make a purchase, which the competitors definitely cannot change.
- Don’t forget: this is 3D, not a photo session, so such a project will be much cheaper. Also, visualization takes a lot less time than a photo shoot and touch ups would.
What’s the conclusion we can make after watching all these videos and viewing all these pictures?
You or your collaborators are creating a quality product; furniture. You can characterize each piece with different names and features (comfortable, stylish, business-like, feeling like home, cozy, unique, etc.)
Logically we assume that you wish to sell your products, and not lose time and energy on it. If this is the case, then we recommend you seriously consider 3D. As you already saw, this tool can make your product more memorable to your customers, so it is in their head until the moment they buy it.
If you wish to gain not just pleasure from your work, but profit – hire us.